Santasa has a well-standardized andrology lab for preparing the sperms for IUI and a dedicated IUI suite.
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is another type of treatment for infertility. IUI is known by most people as artificial insemination. In this procedure, the woman is injected with specially prepared sperm. Sometimes the woman is also treated with medicines that stimulate ovulation before IUI.
In Santasa IVF, IUI is often used to treat infertile couples with:
- Unexplained infertility
- Mild endometriosis
- Issues with the cervix or cervical mucus
- Low sperm count
- Decreased sperm motility
- Issues with ejaculation or erection
- A single woman wishing to conceive through donor sperm
- A couple wanting to avoid passing on a genetic defect from the male partner to the child
Process of IUI
- Before having the insemination procedure, you may take fertility medicines that stimulate ovulation. Semen is collected from your partner or a donor. It goes through a process called “sperm washing” that collects a concentrated amount of healthy sperm from the semen.
- Then fertility specialist at Santasa IVF puts the sperm right into your uterus. Pregnancy happens if sperm fertilizes your egg and the fertilized egg implants in the lining of your uterus.
- Success rates depend on the causes of you and your partner's infertility causes and age. The success rate for IUI with fertility drugs is about 10 - 15% per cycle.