Santasa offers a helping hand for all ailments related to the breasts. The facilities include :
- Clinical evaluation by an expert
- Ultrasound scanning for the breasts
- Mammography is the most accurate way of screening for breast cancer.
- FNAC - Fine needle biopsy for a detected breast lump
- Definitive care - In the form of medical and surgical treatment
A mammography is a special form of X-Ray used to detect early forms of Breast Cancer which can not be detected seen or felt. It is used as a diagnostic as well as a screening tool.
Mammography for Diagnosis and Treatment
Mammography plays a central part in the early detection of breast cancers because it can show changes in the breast up to two years before a patient or physician can feel them.
Diagnostic mammography is used to evaluate a patient with abnormal clinical findings such as a breast lump or lumps that have been found by the woman or her doctor. Diagnostic mammography may also be done after abnormal screening mammography in order to evaluate the area of concern on the screening exam.