A number of highly advanced reproductive surgeries are being done at Santasa, most of them are being done as day care procedures, where in the patient returns home on the day of surgery itself as advanced anaesthetics and micro incisions are utilized.
Surgical care at santasa
Complete spectrum of fertility enhancing surgeries is available at Santasa.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Ovarian Drilling
- Ovarian Cystectomy
- Tubal / Ectopic Pregnancy
- Tubal Sterilization
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Testicular Biopsy/TESA/MESA/PESA : For Men with obstructive azoospermia-prior to ICSI
- Tubal Recanalization : For Women who wish to conceive after tubectomy
Santasa is one of the most reliable centres to provide advanced hysteroscopic surgeries.
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Misplaced Cu T
- Septum resection
- Endometrial Ablation
Santasa provides highly skilled Gynaec Endoscopic Surgeries
Endoscopic surgery is an innovative surgical procedure performed through very small incisions in the abdomen or other body cavities, using specialized instruments. The name of a particular surgery like Laparoscopy or Hysteroscopy denotes the body cavity that is being operated.
Endoscopic surgeries are used now a days in almost all fields of medicine. Laparoscopy indicates endoscopic surgery related to the abdomen and pelvis. Hysteroscopy indicates surgery related to the Uterine cavity.
In laparoscopy pencil-thin instrument called a laparoscope is used, and it gives the surgeon an exceptionally clear view of the abdominal cavity on a TV monitor.
Benefits of Endoscopic procedures are
- Less invasive, do not require opening of the abdomen as in conventional surgery
- Less post operative discomfort since the incisions are much smaller
- Quicker recovery times
- Shorter hospital stays
- Earlier return to full activities
- Much smaller scars
- There may be less internal scarring when the procedures are performed in a minimally invasive fashion compared to standard open surgery
Gynecological conditions requiring endoscopic surgery are:
- Pelvic pain of uncertain cause
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic adhesions
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Tubal ligation
Hystero Laparoscopy (Combined laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy) is very useful for women who are infertile or having difficulty in becoming pregnant.